This morning we set our alarm for 7.15 so we could get to the Petronas Towers early enough to get tickets for today. We snoozed it a couple of times, course we did, we’re on holiday but still got there for about 9am and got tickets to go up at 1pm.


Luckily there was an enormous shopping centre, think Lakeside only 6 floors, so we went in there and had breakfast in the Kenny Rogers grill.

We still had a bit of time to kill so we had a look round the local area, took some photos of the Petronas towers and the fountains and then went inside to take our turn.

Before going up we got a briefing that was projected onto smoke, couldn’t get a decent picture of it but check the gallery to see what I mean and then we were into the lift. The lift had screens as the walls that showed what the view from the building would be like at that level, we were going up to the 86th floor and by about the 50th all the other skyscrapers around we’re no longer visible. We then emerged onto the viewing floor and took about a million photos, from all sides of the building.

Apparently these are the tallest twin towers in the world and were the tallest buildings in the world from 1998-2004 until they were surpassed by Taipai 101 in Taiwan. They stand at over 450m from ground level which made them about 35m taller than New Yorks world trade centre buildings were.

After this we then went down to the 41st floor to walk across the sky bridge, it was a bit of a worry when we got there as they told us that It is not attached to the main structure, but is instead designed to slide in and out of the towers to prevent it from breaking, apparently the towers move quite a bit in high winds. Glad it wasn’t windy today.


After our visit we were pretty tired so we came back to the hotel and had a lounge by the pool.

In the evening we decided to head back to the Petronas towers and have dinner in,one of the restaurants by the fountains, I had the traditional Malaysian Lamb cutlets and Ang had the equally Malaysian Steak with sautéed mushrooms.

We did get a video of the fountains which were lovely but some Malaysian chap was determined to get in the way but unfortunately I can’t upload that from here.

We’re flying to Borneo tomorrow so don’t hold your breath for the next entry but we’ll update as soon as we can.

2 Responses

  1. Hi Angie & Alan,

    I hope your both are having a really nice time, Barney and Dolly are fine they are both lying down at the moment.

Comments are closed.